Sooji – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
cardamom – 4 cloves
Golden raisins – 10( depends on the preference) Cashew nuts – 10 or more Ghee Pineapple flavor – 2ml/1 teaspoon Yellow/Orange color – 1 pinch
Steps to make it
1. In a kadai pour 3-4 tablespoons of ghee.
2. Add the sooji into it and roast it for 5 mins. Be cautious not to burn the sooji, so please do it in the medium flame.
3. Then shift the sooji to a plate and let it cool down.
4. In a separate kadai add 1 tablespoon ghee and roast cashewnuts, raisins and cardamom.
5. after it is turned brown, add 2 cups of water and add the color and pineapple flavor. Let the water come to boiling point.
6. After the water bubbles, add the sooji by stirring it . you can turn the flame low to not to leave any lumps.
7. Then close the kadai for 2 minutes and let sooji cook. you will be able to make sure that the sooji has been already cooked as it leaves no water and becomes dry.
8.Then add one spoon of ghee on top of it and add the sugar and mix it well.
9.Then keep stirring it until the sooji is not sticky. May be 10 minutes.
10.Finally add 1 spoon ghee and turn off the stove.
Garnish with crushed cardamoms.